Sunday, April 4, 2010

In the Light Dctalk

I keep trying to find a life of my own apart from you.
I'm the queen of excuses, I've got one for every selfish thing I do.
What's going on inside of me?
I despise my own behavior.
This only search to confirm my suspicions.
I'm still a human in need of a savior.
The disease of self runs through my blood
A cancer fatal to my soul.
Every attempt on my behalf has failed.
To bring this sickness under control.
I want to be in the light, as you are in the light.
I want to shine like the stars in the heaven.
All I want is to be in the light.
Honesty becomes me, there's nothing left to lose.
The secrets that did run me, in your presence are defused.
Pride has no position, and riches have no worth.
The fame that once did cover me, has been sentenced to this earth.
There's no other place that I want to be.
No other place that I can see.
A place to be that's just right.
Someday I'm gonna be in the light, as you are in the light.
That's where I want to be, that's right where I need to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment