Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Fat Spoon and Alexis

I'm done with electives! Hurray!! Four weeks trickles by faster than I thought. Just as I wish for extra time to chance by my everyday life, it seems to slip away even faster. It's a request that doesn't sound promising. I've done a lot during this one month. Precious time spent with my family and friends, they are never retrievable at any time I want to. But certainly, memories prevail.

Yesterday was yet another good day. Nothing beats this bunch of buddies I met since primary school. Hello, that was more than a decade ago. We watch one another grow up through our adolescence and now, reigning the title 'full-grown lass' with much pride and dignity. Back to yesterday. We had a notable dine-in at Fat Spoon, Uptown Damansara. It's a old-school restaurant where they offer a range of kampung-style menu and it felt just like we were back in those days where fork and knife were considered foreign to us, while spoon and chopsticks were at intimacy. Ley-Lynn has returned from USA and Chuan Bee flew in from Singapore, just in time for this priceless gathering. We had so much of fun, exactly.
As usual, one round is never enough. We continued our chill-out session at Alexis, Bangsar. Cakes served there are fantastic! Ley-Lynn was sharing her experience during Work-and-Travel and a fact she mentioned which amused me was, 'If you work in Alaska for 3 months, you get to save USD$20k at the end of the trip.' Alright, I will not mind the job of catching fishes, mending nets and living in the igloo with polar bears and seals for 3 months. This deal sounds too tempting for me to go! Does anyone have any recommendation for Work-and-Travel in Alaska? Count me in! :D
One more day in KL. Let's see what I can do! Buhbyee!

No comments:

Post a Comment