Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Taipei Day 1

@LCCT
Waiting for the next plane to Taipei with Airasia.
Arrival @ Taoyuan International Airport @ 2.30pm. The tour guide was there to pick us up and took us approximately 50 mins to reach Ximending.
Riverview Hotel @ Ximending. Shared room with grandma and grandaunt. I took that bed by the windows and had a good view of Danshui River.
Truthfully, this hotel isn't worth the price paid. I shall show you a better deal in my upcoming post.
Walking down Ermei St. and the first street vendor we saw was this lady selling fried hotdog bun.
Nom nom nom. The bread was simply too good to be chewed since my stomach had been growling the moment I arrived in Taipei and all that I'd been yearning for was yummy food.
Muachi stuffed with black sesame.
The famous A-Chung vermicelli down Ermet St.
Nothing beats a hot bowl of vermicelli (mee suah) with pig's intestines down a half-empty stomach on a cold night. :D
The fried food was irresistible! Our dinner was all about these good food and more to come.
Ximending is also known as the Harajuku or Shibuya of Taipei. Also the first pedestrian zone in Taiwan where no vehicle is allowed down these streets. Shops there displayed an array of Japanese fashion that drove me crazy cuz the goods there are freaking cheap!
So, this is where I did my shopping every night after sending the elderly back to the hotel. I bought most of my stuff from this district cuz it's just 5 mins away from where I stayed.
Weekends are usually packed full with people and every step was a glance of hot chicks loitering around.
Grilled quail eggs!!
Next stop. We took a MRT to Longshan Temple and walked down Huaxi/Guangzhou Night Market. This lady was selling braised pork rice (ru rou fan) and the Four-deities soup (si shen tang). She was so friendly and even gave us her recipe for making braised pork.
Dad likes this stall so much, we returned to Huaxi night market on the third night just for this.
Candied fruits on bamboo skewers (bing tanghulu). The plum was so addictive.
Easycard that kept us on-the-go. It serves more purpose than our Touch-n-Go card.
Mom and Dad. One thing I noticed about Taiwanese is, they are really polite and well mannered. Whenever we got on the MRT, people would just stand and offer their seats for the elderly. Even when we asked for directions, they would explain in such a kind tone. Such pleasant citizens we met.
Street performer. Every night is a different story at this junction.
Mom and her favorite pancake (shou zhua bing). It's a thin, greasy, savory pancake/crepe with a fried egg or other random topping folded in it.
I hadn't snapped as many pictures as I expected cuz most of the time I was either looking after grandma or was simply too engrossed with shopping and food.

4 comments:

  1. wahh..the food, shopping and chicks!! *envious*
    haha the drummer girl, i saw her videos on youtube before!

    ReplyDelete
  2. really? she's so famous huh? should have gotten her signature. kaka

    ReplyDelete
  3. show us what you have bought over there !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh... so nice.... i wanna go...

    ReplyDelete