Sunday, November 7, 2010

Fondant Cupcakes!

When I was a kid, grandma used to give me a handful of dough to play with whenever she mingled some for mihun-kueh during lunch. I loved that. I always loved that. I remember there was once when I tried making my own dough from the material I could gain access to. Baby powder! I poured some amount into a bowl and mixed it with water. See how smart little Wendy was but the mixture was too friable. Then mommy noticed how much I loved that, she bought me a set of Play-Doh to mess with. I had all the colors mixed up in the end they became one large chunk of dough.

I have a soft spot for adorable stuff. Today, I decided to bake some cupcakes and have them decorated with fondant. I would usually do up with icing and cream but this time, for a change, for something in trend, I used fondant instead. It's easy because this ready made confection can be purchased from bakery stores and it's white in color. All I did was mixing colors to it and squish and squeeze the dough into different shapes. As for the base, I draped the cake with thin sheaths of fondant. Naomi was around to help me sculpt the icing-like substance. The moulding process interests me alot. It's fun, really. My three faithful supporters, Shang and Annjo, including Naomi love the cake so much, they took all of my creations. I got Shang to be my model this time and boy, he's such a good poser!
Cupcakes, anyone? :D

No comments:

Post a Comment