Friday, November 19, 2010

Taipei Day 4

Went all the way to Zhongxiao to look for the famous Mogoo popcorn, only to realize that the shop has shifted. Stopped by at a Vietnamese restaurant opposite to have a piece of its renowned German cheese cake. That was good. We meander around Sogo, the leading department store in terms of overall revenue and popularity in Taipei.
Taipei Station Breeze Centre, food court where we had our exotic gourmet lunch.
The meringue pie's my favorite!!
Sweet temptations.
Rose Pie at Taipei Station at rosepie.com.tw
Failed to resist temptation but to purchase 3 pieces of cake. I have an addiction to meringue.
My lunch for the day. Beef teppanyaki with prawn tempura and pumpkin rice. Too huge a portion for me to finish. Struggled hard before I waved the white flag.
With grandaunt.
Cheeseeeyyyy!!
Papi and Mami
At last, I found Mogoo popcorn here! 魔菇手工玉米花! Mushroom kernel popcorn. Mogoo Popcorn uses only mushroom kernel and therefore, it's round(like the shape of mushrooms), fluffy and easy to munch. mogoo.com.tw
We had some time left before our the departure. This is Shida night market(near Guting MRT station). I noticed a mixture of street fashion and local culture there cuz this is where most National Taiwan Normal University students hang out.
Lime juice with aiyu jelly (愛玉冰). A type of jelly made from a type of fruit origin from Taiwan.
Ice kacang!!
Final shot from Ximending.
Taoyuan Airport. The International Floral Expo is going on in Taipei but didn't have a chance to visit due to our limited travel period.
There was a group of French ladies there and they insisted we wear their hats.
Orchid. I experienced some culture shock there. While we were walking down Danshui Old Street, I spotted some lovely orchids planted in gorgeous vases. I ran down the road to snap some pictures, thoughts spun in my head, that must be a florist shop. I couldn't believe my own eyes when I got there that it is actually a mortuary and wake was going on in that parlor. @_@ So, Taiwanese uses orchids instead of chrysanthemum, huh??
The Hello Kitty nursery @ Taoyuan Airport. So freaking adorable!!! "Hello, hello Kitty, you called? I can't hear a thing!!"
Peace!! Gate C3 has a beautiful Hello Kitty setting but we were rushing for boarding and didn't have time to stop by. ):
That's the end of a magnificent 4 days 3 nights trip in Taipei. I survived reading signboards and maps with my limited knowledge about Chinese characters. At least better than my dad who made me converse on his behalf all the time, even when it comes to buying tickets and food. It was disastrous when we both read the Metro map using han yu pin yin. Stations like Jiantan (劍潭) was interpreted as 煎蛋(fried egg) and Xinbeitou (新北投) as 心被偷(stolen heart). Chin Eu was telling me about a station named Zhuwei (竹圍) along Danshui line.

(

There was this encounter when we were buying umbrellas. Two, we wanted to buy. One was offered at the price of NT270, while the other at NT350. I tried convincing the lady to sell me at NT250 and NT330 respectively but she simply refused to. In the end I made a round up firgure and told her this, '那就这样吧。两只雨伞, 我给台你币五百元, 你说好不好?' (In that case, I'll give you NT500 for both the umbrellas, what do you say?) To my humble surprise, she said 'OK'!! My bad. I calculated wrongly. I was meaning NT600. Now, do the maths yourself! xD

No comments:

Post a Comment