Friday, March 5, 2010

Night Posting

The crazy week I dreaded so much had finally slowed its tempo down to a beat I'm adjustable to and I'd been zombified to the state where I hadn't had the courage to even catch a glance at my own mirror image. Yes, this bad. My sleep time had lamentably been robbed away by studies and work. Now that the break has come, I so need to get recharged back. Am glad that surgery posting ended in a pretty good outcome despite the number of times I'd been drilled terribly by the boss. It was a good learning process I'd been through, no doubt.

Anyways, I completed two sessions of night posting and imma do the third one tonight before calling it to an end. After so much of influence from TV shows, I loved the thought of being at the first line to manage emergencies. The A&E is a cool department to be in, like really! Just yesterday, an 18 year-old boy was wheeled in by the paremedics after an alleged motor-vehicle-accident. His face was badly crushed with blood and CSF oozing from the orifces. 'OMG' was the only word I muttered after seeing him. It was a bad sight. He was pulseless when he came. The rescue team were running through the protocol of primary survey on him and did their best to resuscitate this little boy. After a couple of minutes, his condition was stabilized but soon deteriorated again even after the infusion of multiple pints of fluids and blood. The effort done was to no avail because patient was bleeding uncontrollably and the doctors got us to do CPR on this boy. It was my first encounter when my virgin exposure had been raided in this situation witnessing what I'm afraid most, death. Call me a freak, but I seriously think that night posting was interesting like that.

We escaped from work in the afternoon and went for lunch at Tanjung Emas, only to realize that this place is scenic for photos.
Tree gazing.
The grandfathers' talk.
With Mujahida and the arch.
I see you from the otherside!!Miss Umbrella.
Pigeon holes. (I looked seriously messed up and tired)
China lady boarding the train.
Sway, sway, swing.
This is what happens when you refuse to shed the fat.

2 comments:

  1. Wendy!

    I felt like I am Reading a Malaysian version of Grey's anatomy on your blog. LOVED it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy!

    Haha. Thanks for the compliment. I failed to scribble it in a descriptive way. My command of vocab is going down hill. You're better with words, seriously.

    ReplyDelete