Monday, November 30, 2009

Partial Loss of Consciousness

I was in the midst of watching the staff nurse squeezing the gel-form allergens for a Patch test to be done while asking her a couple of questions when I felt a weird aura surging from within. For a minute, I was feeling nauseating and my limbs started to weaken. I reached for a stool at the other corner of the room, sat on it with my head facing down while supporting myself with both hands gripping tightly onto the cupboard. My heart was racing in such a fast rate I could hardly catch up. As I tried to balance myself, my head was spinning dizzily. I raised my head and saw Yun Yaw standing just behind me. I nudged him and muttered in an almost inaudible voice, 'I think I'm going to faint...' The next thing I realized was a buzzing sound ringing loudly in my ears and my sight turned into a pitch of darkness. All I could hear was the buzzing noises and someone telling me to breathe and asking if I could walk. After a couple of minutes, they held me out of the room and my vision become better. By then, the tinnitus was almost gone. My hands were cold and clammy and sweats were dampening my skin. I could hear those nurses instructing my colleagues to wheel me to the A&E. Quickly, I objected and claimed myself to be getting better. Dr. Kader walked out of his room and held me to a room chilly with air conditioning. He made me lie down on the bed, palpated for my radial pulses and told me it was feeble. He got Zaki to keep an eye on me while Yun Yaw went to get me a packet of milo. He returned several minutes after that to check on me and only allowed me to get down the bed after he was certain my effete pulse was robust again. Yun Yaw and Zaki were telling me how pale I looked like during the attack when the only thing they compared me to was a piece of white paper. -_-

That was the first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment