Sunday, November 29, 2009

Ipoh Mali

Since Friday was a public holiday for Raya Haji, my family had planned to travel up north for the weekend. That explains my absence in Melaka and totally indulging myself in a weekendfoodaffair in Ipoh instead. It was tranquil to be able to escape from work.

We reached KL on Thursday night. Aunt's Muslim friend served us a scrumptious meal of homemade ketupat and rendang in conjunction to the Haji celebration. I squeaked in delight the moment I saw those mini ketupat she weaved herself.

We put up a night at aunt's place and headed to Ipoh the next morning. This was the second trip to Ipoh this year. I was stuffed silly by the good food there till my 'muscular bag' had to wave a white flag and say e.n.o.u.g.h! Food there was simply too good to resist. Unbelievably, I had so much of coffee, 3 days in a row. I'm just hoping my gastric stays cool after this. Thought I could shop for some stuff around Ipoh but to my humble disappointment, there wasn't much to get. Being contented with the load of yummy food I had, it was more than enough. :)
With grandma and Naomi chilling at Ipoh Parade

While dropping bro off in KL, we decided to stop by Mid Valley, Gardens for a bit of shopping and late lunch at Zanmai Sushi. The Christmas decos there are indeed stunning and gorgeous.


-xoxo-

No comments:

Post a Comment