Saturday, January 29, 2011

The Roaring 1920s

When our class representative announced the date for this year's annual night and it would go with the theme, The Roaring 1920s, I was trying to recall what it was for last year. Red Carpet that was, yet I couldn't recall what I wore that night. It was only after some time I remembered I wasn't there but somewhere else for a good dinner. That was a year ago and my memory is getting poorer, I persist.

So, 1920s' quite a tricky theme to dress up for. Even my grandma wasn't born in that decade. Most of my friends were already scouting for clothes and accessories while I was still mulling over a vogue to go with. I had no intention to buy a new dress knowing myself being one of those who do not offer my clothes a second chance. Whenever there's an event, I'd be tempted to get a new outfit which explains why most of my dresses are worn only once. My fashionista suggested a cheongsam cuz it's sexy. Oh, I don't literally mean I look sexy, but well, going oriental sounded like a good idea. Nothing fussy, nothing foofoo. Not even the gothic eyes I adore cuz my eyes were formed in such a way that they look peculiar when they're smokey. I could only waterline the lash lines. My hair was plaited and tied into a bun with Subi, my hairstylist, helping me with the hair do.

It was a good, long night after all, mounted with laughters when we saw our lecturers performing.

No comments:

Post a Comment