Monday, January 31, 2011

If sorry could turn back time...

Tip tap, tip tap. That was the melodious raindrops that trembled my eardrums before I entered my sleep and somewhere at the end of a nightmare, I was awaken. With the same melody ringing, I drew my comforter and fell back into dreams. 11.30am. The room was gloomy when I coerced my sleepy, shadowed eyes to brace the streaks of luminosity coming from the windows and the light had not hit the gloom on the gray since then. Four years ago, that was the weather I loved the most when rain ruled the climate and went on for days in Manipal, not giving the sun a chance to emerge. Now, after 24 hours and counting, I'm ripped into melancholy, not to mention engulfing all the bluesy music I could have possibly gotten from Youtube.

I chanced upon this song by Anthony Neely entitled Sorry That I Loved You. Pleasing melody yet touchy lyrics. A friend left a note of appreciation, thanking me for posting it. The lyrics expressed all that has been stomping him and how he wished it's conveyed to another girl. Having a relationship that puts forth a question mark plugs another relationship from beginning. That was what he tenderly told me. After a talk, I realized this is the note I wished I had received few months back. Sometimes memories are just there to haunt relentlessly yet there's nothing you can do about them.

2 comments:

  1. i think we are both victims of the merciless rain...
    sigh...
    let's hope for a brighter day tomorrow?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yupz!! tomorrow will definitely be a better one! :D i'm still hopeful.

    ReplyDelete