Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Disobey the Doctor

I can be such a nuisance to a doctor to pronounce myself as a non-compliant patient. Ignore the fact that I'm a medical student, I simply do not stick to advises nor drug prescriptions. It happens always. I was so in the past, am still and will be for as long as I'm not reminded. Being a patient can be such a sore at times, isn't it?

I've been down with an acute pharyngitis over the past few days and kid you not, it's a woe! I don't usually consult a GP unless the distress is so bad till I started whining all the time. Two days ago, I went to the panel doctor to get some medication and was given some antibiotic(cefalexin), paracetamol, lozenges, gargle and oral aid. The first night when I returned, I took the prescription obediently. Second day, I was good too. Had even brought my medications all around so that I could take it after breakfast and lozenges to soothe the throat during class. I put on a mask everywhere I went to prevent myself from being a source of infection nor being infected. God knows, I probably got infected by those kids I came in contact with. The fever was intermittent, so I kinda ignored it. Today, I forgotten cleanly that I'm a patient on treatment and survived with no medication for a day. The fever is back, and so is the sore throat. T.T

I used to tell my friends, 'I'm gonna be the worst OCP consumer where you hear me declaring one of its side effects to be pregnancy.'

Okay, time for medication.

2 comments:

  1. haha i've never checked my oral hygiene for years already, lol..

    ReplyDelete
  2. shhh!! don't tell people you're a dentist. don't tell people i'm a doctor too.

    ReplyDelete