Monday, August 2, 2010

Food Trip in Malacca

My besties were down in this historical town! We had an awesome foursome food trip, a chilled out catch up and some absurd discussion about shit. I do mean 'shit' as in feces and defecation. *points finger at Aikmunn and Chris*. That was how they became buddies in a less than a day. The thrill of seeing how the both of them gobbled down food effortlessly had never failed to amaze me and Meicher.

Aikmunn arrived earlier and we had the famous Taiwan beef noodles with pork chop for lunch. I brought him for a ride around town since we had some time spanned in between before Mei and Chris reached, we passed by a soya bean dessert shop and decided to go in for a try. 
My share of soya beancurd with gingko and barley.
AM savoring his pudding and ordered an additional beancurd.

The couples arrived just in time for dinner. Starter for dinner was satay celup which I have almost gotten bore of.

'Shit' buddies, C and A.
My pretty lovababe. I like it when we meet up so often. (:
Getting greedy together.
And celup-celup together.

Next stop was Jonker St. The only time I'm willing to squeeze through the crowd is whenever my friends are in town. Otherwise, count me out.
Chris' must-have sushi cuz it's freaking cheap and good to taste
Cendol, ice-kacang, asam laksa and nyonya laksa. All of us got sweetened by the cendol at this instance cuz I asked for more gula melaka and the aunty just topped another big ladleful of it. @-@ but I was addicted to that sweetness. 
With one of the men with huge stomach!
Not enough still, we bought muachi, fried carrot cake, fishballs, eggtarts, oh-jien and fishball noodles.
Mei and her eggtart.

We left Jonker just before midnight. Supposed to go for a little drink after that but we were all too tired and decided to return home for some rest. Mei bought a card game from Jonker. Remember the HAPPY FAMILY game we used to play during our childhood season? None of us remembered how to play, we created our own rules in the end.
The guys spotted the stock of korean noodles in my room and were complaining that they were hungry again. Like, what??!! They just had so much for dinner?? I cooked 2 packets of ramyun just before they would obediently go to bed. 

Next morning, we woke up really late and missed our dimsum session. We had a heavy lunch instead. For example, bak kut teh!! My all time favorite!! (:

And finally, Nadeje for their famous mille crepe before calling an end to this meet up and fun.
Their monotone chocolate mousse is my addiction. An obssession for me whenever I'm there and if this gets regular, trust me, I'll become a pauper soon. Come what may, I'm missing these people so much already! Till the next time we meet, hopefully in Penang somewhere around October! ((:

5 comments:

  1. love your post and pix and i just realized we have been taking more pix with food than scenery, buildings and parks.. haha! We are real foodie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gonna eat it again this sat...=)

    ReplyDelete
  3. babe, cuz this is a food trip and it shows how gluttony we were. let's plan for another trip, shall we? (:

    jialik, enjoy! (:

    ReplyDelete