Friday, June 11, 2010

Let the music heal your soul

The silence of that night was broken by a gasp of monotonous weep where yearnings and dreams were shattered into unmendable fallacies. The succession tune sent waves of familiar sequenced frequency to the acoustic apparatus, a part of a composition by the Owl City entitled 'Vanilla Twilight'. Flashbacks were there to trespass at every stanza, not to mention, every single line of its lyrics. The sense of deja vu which bordered my psyche was so strong I could picture several encounters with him that tallied as the music played on. I vaguely remembered, the play-count counter hit 17 when I took notice. We ended the talk after a click on the send-button. That was the last piece of music I sent and it became a reminiscence from then on. Things began changing and my focuses started diverting. In a way, I was glad at how it made me realized who was there all along.

I wonder if you(readers) have ever felt the same, an impression of liaison towards music. Sort of like... when a piece is played repeatedly, it sucks you back to status quo where the deepest notion is developed. It reminds you about something/someone. Familiarity I call it. I come across this pretty often. Eg: Wonder by Embrace. It was December 08, the month when I was in craze with the kryptonite. I was exposed to this song in one of its episode and Wonder was playing unceasingly for a couple of days after I was done with Smallville. That season coincided with the Geminid meteor shower where I was there with J to watch the most magnificent collision between earth and the streams of debris from a comet. A night of definite incredible natural phenomena I'd witnessed in the span of 21 years I'd lived. And never such lovely night sky appeared before my naked eye ever since. Whenever I get tuned to this song, this is the picture that runs through my mind without any flamboyant possibility, over and over again. I suppose every music bears its own significance in our lives.

Some months have passed. Vanilla Twilight is playing for the 950th time now. It still gives me that intimate feeling as before, a sense of warmth whenever I have it played. All that happened that night seems vivid as though I've been imbibed with a memory of how the relationship had blossomed and ended, it retains in this little frontal lobe. As I scrolled down the chat history, sweet sensations filled me once again. I knew then that was the best recollection I'd ever had. And perhaps that's what I'm still searching for. A potential successor for Vanilla Twilight.

5 comments:

  1. First things first Wendy, I absolutely ♥ your newly amended blog! Lovely Ü

    I get what you mean with having this one particular song that gives you the goosebumps whenever it played on the radio. It seemed somewhat like having an affinity with it.

    Personally, the song for me would be Wild World by Mr Big. I've had it played on my playlist ever since back in high school and i still do! Ü

    ReplyDelete
  2. "vanila twilight" definitely a nice song...haha...
    "the saltwater room" also not bad...=)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cindy, thanks for the compliment. Yeah exactly that feeling. Wild World? it's a nice song. I like it too! Lovess

    JiaLik, hey didn't know that you're reading my blog. Anyways, I like all the songs by Owl City. (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha...jz like to read blogs....lol....
    Owl city's voice is magnetic enough...very unique voice...

    ReplyDelete
  5. another add on, your blog is interesting...haha...

    ReplyDelete