Monday, June 7, 2010

I CAN COOK!!

Lately, my eating habits have left much to be desired. I've been on a strict diet for almost 3 weeks by now with the intention to revert to my pre-weight gained state. I'm almost there. Anyways, the objective of this post is not about my diet and workouts, which I will talk about some time later. Despite the constancy of a reduced carb plan, I grant generous allowance during the weekend. I decided to cook a decent meal (besides instant noodles) merely to top up some extra calories burnt. I was at the korean mart in Singapore doing some grocery shopping to stock up junks in the fridge and the idea about making bibimbap and ddobokki came to my thought. I've always been a fan of korean food. You can't doubt my passion in cooking, cuz I love this just as much as my other interests! Since it's the day of grace (as I declared), I bought all the ingredients needed at the sundry store.
Ingredients for Ddobokki. Korean rice cake, cabbage, carrot, garlic, onion, fish cake and korean red pepper paste.
Ddo bok ki. One of my best dishes, even gramma liked it so.

Ingredients for bibimbap. Rice, carrot, fresh mushroom, bean sprouts, cucumber, egg, marinaded chicken and red papper paste. Season the vegetables with salt, sugar, sesame oil.
Dress the side dishes on top of the rice.
Bibimbap. Mix it with the red pepper paste and savor it with kimchi.

That's a ridiculously easy to make korean course, provided that you have the all ingredients for the recipe. Took me quite a while to cut, slice and mince but again, you can't doubt the satisfaction and joy when everyone starts praising, it's delicious!! Am certainly gonna explore more recipes, I promise.

2 comments:

  1. it's me! i like the egg from the last picture. I've been practicing cooking nice egg too and that is the exact colour! (or u edit the photo with computer? bahaha...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey you! back from japan already? Let's hang out!
    Haha fry an egg with a non stick pan on a hot plate. The heat is more even and it will turn out pretty! d:

    ReplyDelete