Saturday, October 30, 2010

Eat. Pray. Love.

So, Mei asked when the movie ended, 'How do you find the movie?'. 'Not exactly what I expected it to be. The climax is subtle and I dislike the ending. She should have returned to her ex-husband after the balance!'. 'I was expecting that too!' Mei supported.

No doubt, I was touched initially by the email written by Liz while the movie provides a gorgeous escape, exquisitely photographed and full of female wish fulfillment. It offers sufficient emotional heft and self-discovery to make you feel as if you've actually learned something. But, the fatal flaw of Eat Pray Love is for a celebration of enlightenment through travel and the benefits of restorative calm, the end result is pretty hollow and artificial. It appears bland and the aftermath entrapped us in a postmortem study about the underlying deadly factors to a failed marriage.

The evening ended with a perfectly slacken pillow talk and dinner at Chris' home. Of Wendy's lil' secret and Mei's clandestine desires, they equate a transparency of our images before one another. We talked about food to relationships to Christianity (Eat, Love, Pray). So, the conclusion to our conversation is such that BGR is an issue I would like to put aside for a moment for some undisclosed reasons while religion is the other issue I need claim back. Well, when we can't exactly frame a clear cut about what to do, I guess our heavenly Father knows it best. I'm so gonna miss this bestie when she's away for a year. Just how I wished that evening wouldn't come to an end, it did anyhow. Dinner was good and Chris' mom is really friendly that she invited me to have dinner and stay over at their place more often. This holiday has been a pleasant one so far and yeah, I'm enjoying every bit of it loftily till I push the stop button some day.

No comments:

Post a Comment