Sunday, October 25, 2009

Embraced by warmth

It was hence a lovely day. I woke up to an abrupt anticipation about attending church and it wasn't exactly an impromptu decision. At the start of the week, I'd dropped Pastor Joanne a message on Facebook informing her that I would love to visit City Community Church someday. CCC is somewhat affiliated to BAoG through the pastoral connection. Ps. Joanne is someone whom I'd known since my teenage days. Had met her in many of the Youth Alive's camps, APYAC and even Planet Shakers conferences. She was BAoG's youth camp speaker back then as well. So yeah, I'm glad she still remembers me.

The minute I entered the sanctuary, I was cradled by two friendly ushers with such amiable smiles carved on their faces that surge the warmth in me. They shook my hand with a grasp oh so tight and we exchanged names. I couldn't recall who they were but one of them handed me a bulletin while the other gave me a guest book to sign on. The praise and worship session was one thing I enjoyed and found comfort in. Sermon shared was awesome too! That's the church I would love to nestle in right here.

I returned home feeling blessed and pleasant. Then mom rang me not long after. It'd been a couple of days since I last heard her voice. I missed her dearly. We had a long talk updating each other about our on-goings. She was telling me what she was up to with dad recently and yes, they are the loveliest married couple I'm certainly proud of! We chatted about Yoke Tien's news. She told me her part and vice versa. Feeling all contented with that conversation. Aww.. I'm missing family already especially my brother whom I hadn't seen for weeks.

Have a great day ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment