Friday, March 18, 2011

Calorie Concious Diet Commences

I've decided to go on a strict diet after realizing my BMI is almost crossing 20, which is urhh... okay, still within the normal range but it has increased dramatically over these two years ever since I returned to Malaysia! Believe it or not, I gained 7kgs in total! How should I not be frightened when I can no longer fit into all my shorts and pants. This itself is distressing while I feel like a balloon that has been inflated with fat.

Today, I'm determined enough to patronize the vegetables section and get a variety of them to whip up a meal. Bing Chi followed me to Jusco and we walked into GNC for a quick survey of lean drinks to replace our meals instead of eating. I wasn't quite impressed with that idea of just drinking, firstly cuz I need to chew on something and secondly, that bottle of lean shake is freaky costly! Rm179 for 16 meals. Thirdly, when I asked the salesman what's best to be consumed for losing weight, he gave me a puzzled look and pointed at a weight gainer. He started telling us his experience of losing 30kgs which he thought was a total suffer and finally advised us to live happily.

Then we went shopping for vegetables! Seriously, I could not imagine myself getting this clued-up over calorie when I'm someone who binges on unhealthy snacks all the time. We actually perused the nutrient table and counting calories for every food we got in our hands. Even for eggs, I bought a brand that serves only 62kcal/serving though it came in a pack of 15. Crazy I tell you, the way we studied the calorie table is more attentive than reading medical books. This time, I'm really good at maths! In the end after beating the odds, I got myself some cherry tomatoes, lettuce, potatoes, broccoli, kimchi(low caloric food!), eggs, oat, yoghurt and my favorite earl grey tea.

Two week from now!! Please remind me to be determined during this period of time. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment