Sunday, November 6, 2011

I'm a Government Servant!

I went through the greatest turmoil deciding for myself where I should be working. A couple of months back, I was stuck at a juncture where I was unsure of the kind of life I should be living. To either a place where I'd always wanted to be at or to the other one where I could possibly salvage something precious I'd lost. The former one became my first choice of selection while the latter one became my second choice.

Time flies and I'm into another chapter of my life, a chapter I regard it to have happened unexpectedly tough. As much as I'd always wanted to be in Penang for housemanship, I'm returning to Batu Pahat instead. Oh well, things do not always turn out the way we want it, do they? I was at a loss for words when I saw Hospital Batu Pahat printed on the paper, not to mention the disappointment that pierced right through my intuitive understanding I had all along that I'd go up north. I wanted desperately to be in that town where I had left my heart.

I submitted an appeal letter the following day with the strongest excuse and guess what was the irony?? I withdrew the letter just before it was faxed to SPA!! It was as though I decided on something that totally contradicts my wishes. Instead of worrying my appeal is rejected, I was worrying if it will be approved. This doubt kept intruding my mind - 'Am I ready to face challenges on my own when I have no one whom I'm accountable to there?' So yeah, after much consideration, I decided to return home.

This time, I'm taking a chance to a place I had never imagined myself to be in. I'm a taking a leap of faith cuz someone once told me this, 'God may not give you the best, but He will give you a place where you can grow most in Him'. With this, I'm gonna place my trust in Him again. It's time for me to let go off the past and get over those waves that tossed me in the ocean. This is a new start!

Huixin and new friend, Melinder from AIMST. Thursday is batik day in the government sector.
Groupmates Naveen and Muhsin from AIMST.
Elaine, Yanlian, Huixin
Tornglei, Bing, Foong and Yusrizal (From Moscow State Med. Uni,)
Jimi. We come from the same hometown, attended the same kindergarten, studied in the same batch, visited the same church, lived in the same compound, applied to the same hospital (HSAH) as one of our choices and now, we'll be working in the same hospital (HBP) as colleagues.
Hello girls, I'm so gonna miss all of you!!
Soohong came for her 'pseudo induction'..
Juen. Goodbye groupmate of 2.5 years!
Gayathiri and Melinder from AIMST
Second shot! d:
The end of induction and I'm officially a government servant! >.<

2 comments: