Saturday, June 6, 2009

Kite flying

Friday night(050509) was a final meet up with Eunice, Mei Cher, Alicia, Elaine and Siow Fen before Eunice leaves us for Sabah. I actually hate to use the word 'final' cuz our gathering will not stop here. This is just the beginning since there are more to come. And no doubt. We seriously love bringing the kids out. This time, we planned for a kite flying session with baby Melissa and Denise. Baby Melissa ain't exactly baby anymore. She's a 6 year-old grown up now. The last time I saw her was before I left for India.
This is baby Melissa 3 years back. I taught her Shinbi's 'I LOVE YOU' trademark, and she did it so well!

The big girl Melissa after 3 years. She's so active and friendsly. Awww.... simply too cute.

My heart melted the moment I heard her calling out my name 'WENDY' while doing a star-jump!! Omg. She's simply too lovable! (if only she's my own daughter, I will pamper her as much as I wanted) We taught her how to fly a kite, just like any other mothers who are eager to coach their kids. :p The night wasn't windy enough to soar the kite high. So we decided to tie to kite to Mel's back, giving her a tail while Alicia piggy-backed her and we started running and running. But still the kite refused to reach the sky. I like it so carefree with these people around. Perhaps one of the best time for me to escape from studies, stresses and worries.

After Melissa and Denise went home, we proceeded for our usual latte session. We joked about people(NOT TO BE DISCLOSED), crapped some nonsense(kentang Perancis), laughed like nobody's business(this is crazy), shared about our lives and thought(BGR) and even discussed serious matters(walks with God). So much of being impressed by what Elaine said, I could only agree with her. That night brought me to the realization that I wasn't the only one who went through tough times. Life goes and we move on eventually irrespective of the past. All of us had seen too many of the same thing, and now, we agreed on the same thing. 'Friends are often the best medicine to heal the broken hearted'.

The cheers of 'Girls rule, Gorls reign'!!

It was almost 2am by the time we realized we ought to go home. We ended the night with a minor discussion on Christianity since all of us are daughters of God. I went home feeling sort of guilty cuz I cling back to God only when I need him. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment