Monday, April 20, 2009

Koon Ling's bash

A happening Sunday night it was to celebrate my dear housemate's (Koon Ling) 23rd birthday. Was also the first birthday dining on a round table. Yes, sounds typically Chinese since we never had such fine dining back then in Manipal. It was always squarish to be exact. And so we decided to have that bash at a local restaurant which is supposingly quite famous among the Malaccans. We call it 'Bei Zhan'. Earlier on, we had made a reservation for a table of 16 and with a 12 course meal. I don't know if you grade this restaurant as being pricey, cuz the bill turned out to be Rm166. I couldn't remember what was ordered. Vaguely, there were chicken, ostrich meat, pork, fish, prawns, vegetables, beancurd etc etc.

This picture looks retarded by the time I captured it. We were halfway through the whole course. Suddenly, it crossed my mind that I spend most on food these days instead of shopping. Hoho. My waistline shall increase pretty soon, I guess. Wait, you must be wondering why but I'm not done with my story.

#Jee Jian, Steph, Mei Yuan, Gaik Huey, yours truly, Koon Ling
#My 2 other housemates, Eric and Tiang Hui. There's one more, Cu Guan who was stuck at the badminton court with Phang and Jimi.

#Ling's birthday cake, chocolate cheese from 'Italy'.

#The big bunch of us. The last gathering I had with them was during CNY.

That was our first round for the night. Yes, there was a second. The famous Satay Celup at 'Capitol'. Had to queue up before we got ourselves a small table for the nine of us. Gosh, I was seriously bloated at the end of the day till I could hardly fall asleep at night.

See the amount of food we had. *shakes head* Verdict says it's definitely delicious!! Now it's time to start burning off my fats, to the gym I shall go.

No comments:

Post a Comment