Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Jogoya

Food, has definitely gotta be my weakest resistance. The temptation to savor good food labels me as being a 'gourmet'. Note that, it is not gourmand. Anyway, after hearing so much about Jogoya, Jogoya and more Jogoya, I finally made my way there for its buffet lunch. Phang had two vouchers on the 'buy-one-free-one' basis. So with his 2 other friends(Tai Soon and Shi En), off we went to Starhill, Bukit Bintang.

We made our payments at the front counter before entering. The bill summed up to Rm202 for 2 and thanks to the vouchers, another 2 may join in. So it was Rm50.50 per person. The waitress ushered us to our seats at a corner of the restaurant. Ambiance is nice and the whole restaurant is very spacious. It was divided into many sections with various selection of food mainly the Japanese, Chinese and Western. As we walked along, we were greeted by the number of food right in front till we could hardly decide which to take. So I decided to take a bit of each from every section without knowing what I'm actually eating. The peculiar thing is I don't know the names of many dishes especially those which belong to the Japanese. I took whichever that looks attractive to me. I'm not exactly a fan of sushi and raw food. Hence that little of Japanese cuisine I picked and I didn't dare to swallow the fresh oyster.

I was keen to taking pictures at first. But I had to forgo the thought after taking a few cuz I realized I finished the food before I thought about taking out my camera. Sorry for the limited number of pictures. There are wines, gimlet, AK47 and a range of other alcoholic beverages as well. Being a goodie, I took only juices and 2 mini coconuts. Splurging on many fried soft shelled crab was almost heavenly.

Proceeded for the Western and Chinese as well. Roast lamb was really juicy. Even the shark's fin soup and 'dim sum' were irresistible. We had a good catch of steamboat as well.
After two long hours of non stop eating, the moment we were all waiting for finally came. We headed for the free flow of Haagen Daz! There were many flavors available and all of them tasted great to me! Even to the extent of mixing double shot espresso with Vanilla ice cream! God, it was just heaven!

So that was my first visit to Jogoya and hopefully more to come with the family next time. As for now, I had better start scrimping and saving. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment