Saturday, September 24, 2011

Finally a Doctor

17th September 2011, Saturday.

I was up at the observatory deck of Seoul Tower for the most picturesque view of interface between day and night in Seoul, where the sun set, the sky turned dark blue and the city was lighted up. My heart sank that moment I felt a strong, continuous vibration against my bones. I fumbled in tremors, looking for my cellphone in the bag which seemed to be so out of sight that time. I had to pick up that call!! The next thing I realized was, everything around me changed. The sky seemed brighter there. I'm no longer a medical student. I do not have to worry about going back to school and I'll be a working adult soon! No, it wasn't about the honorific title I was excited about (okay, perhaps a little), it was more about the sense of achievement I felt after going through that journey I reckon to be the toughest of all at this point of life. 5 years of M.B.B.S. wasn't at all easy. So, I'm officially Dr. Wendy Ter Zu Wei now!!!

I can't phrase it any better than saying 'Praise the Lord for anything and everything!'. Going through this exam was like running a race I saw no finishing line to it. But God's grace is ever sufficient for me  even during my darkest hour. Just when I thought I lost my most precious support, He sent many more friends to encourage me. When I thought those were the moments I couldn't take, I was actually stronger than I'd imagined. Come to think about it, everything happened at a proper timing when I apprehended them to be faulty. It's true when mom always tells me this, 'God's delay is not God's denial'. This chapter has been a miraculous one and yeah, I'll share it more some time later when I'm free. I have so much to do now! :D See you all soon!

1 comment:

  1. I still remember the time we went out in Melacca. I'm proud of you my dear Wendy!

    ReplyDelete